An Asking: Undated, sometime in late-2014
Show me what I am avoiding. I am consciously choosing to stop numbing out. Help me see and understand the things I have closed my eyes to.
This was followed by a list of negative thought forms and beliefs:
- I somehow deserved it. I brought it on myself.
- Mom would have loved and protected me if I’d been different.
- I will be punished for being me.
- Men always reject me.
- Men don’t say anything worth listening to.
- Sex is dangerous. You could get pregnant or get a disease.
- You can’t be a “good girl” and be sexually active.